Jesus said to his followers, “So I tell you, don’t worry about the food you need to live. Don’t worry about the clothes you need for your body. Life is more important than food. And the body is more important than clothes. Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest. They don’t save food in houses or barns. But God takes care of them. And you are worth much more than birds. None of you can add any time to your life by worrying about it. If you cannot do even the little things, then why worry about the big things? Look at the wild flowers. See how they grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. God clothes the grass in the field like that. That grass is living today, but tomorrow it will be thrown into the fire. So you know how much more God will clothe you. Don’t have so little faith! Don’t always think about what you will eat or what you will drink. Don’t worry about it. All the people in the world are trying to get those things. Your Father knows that you need them. The thing you should seek is God’s kingdom. Then all the other things you need will be given.
- Jesus told us not to worry. Name three things he told us not to worry about. Food, Drink and Clothing
- The story tells us about an animal that does not plan ahead for food. What animal was he talking about? Birds
Thank you for always giving us exactly what we need. Please help us to remember to only seek your kingdom.Amen.
Bible Verse for January
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17
Activity: Make A Flower Garden
- Construction Paper (green, blue, yellow, and red)
Guide Your Child To:
- Help your child draw a few flowers
- Cut out flower pieces
- Glue pieces to construction paper
- With the marker help your child write “God Cares For Us”
Read the story above one more time and ask them to list things that God provides for them.