As Jesus was traveling, he met ten lepers. Their bodies were covered with sores. The lepers shouted, “Jesus, please heal us!”
Jesus said, “God. Show yourselves to the priests.” The ten lepers left. While they were walking away, something amazing happened.
All ten of them were healed! Only one man went back to thank Jesus.
He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and said, “Thank you!”
Jesus wondered where the other men were. They did not come back to thank him.
- How many men came up to Jesus and asked to be healed? Ten
- What did Jesus tell them to do?Go and show themselves to the priest.
- What happened next? They were healed!
- How many people said thank you to Jesus? One
- How did he say thank you? He praised God in a loud voice and bowed down at Jesus’s feet and thanked him.
Dear God, thank you for all the blessings you give us. Please help us always to remember to thank you. Amen
“‘Love your neighbor as yourself” Leviticus 19:18
Science: Light to See
Guide Your Child To:
Sit in a darkened room and wait for you to say, “Around and around I shine my beam. When it stops, what do you see?”
Look at the object that you are shining the flashlight on, and tell what it is. Then tell how the object is used.Thank God for that object.
How can we talk to God? Who said thank-you in our story? What happened?
Who made our world? Who gives us all the good things we have? How can we thank God? Is there something for which you want to thank God?